The countdown is on to the 2023 HM Awards, with nominations now open to determine the top properties, people and projects in the region.
HM caught up with Ovolo’s Group Director of Marketing, Stephen Howard, to discuss the group’s 2022 HM Awards Innovative Collaboration win for the ‘Ride Here. Ride Now.’ campaign.
Tell us about the award win and what it meant to Ovolo Hotels?
For Ovolo, we are all about involving and pushing the boundaries when it comes to our marketing. Winning the Innovative Collaboration award cemented our efforts.
Do you feel that the award helped raise awareness of the ‘Ride Here. Ride Now.’ campaign within the industry?
The recognition absolutely not only raised the awareness of ‘Ride Here. Ride Now.’ but also Ovolo Hotels and how we continue to be one of the leaders in our industry when it comes to creative marketing.
Why should someone enter the award?
I think these types of awards are important on number of levels:
1. Recognition of your team and their efforts
2. Awareness of your brand and the initiative
3. Awareness and recognition for future collaborations
Any tips for those thinking of entering?
I have had the pleasure of judging numerous awards over the year and there are a few things I would encourage people to do:
1. Only enter if you truly believe that what you’re entering is award worthy
2. Ensure you follow the criteria of the awards
3. Make sure you have quantifiable and tangible evidence as to why you should win the award
Anything else you’d like to add?
Entering awards should not be self-serving, they should be entered to recognise teamwork and or to fit with a wider strategy in marketing.