HM’s inaugural webinar ‘The Recovery Starts Now’, which was screened to 1,722 viewers last week, is now available to view on-demand for those who missed it or wish to recap any of the presentations.
The webinar, hosted by HM’s Editor-in-Chief and AHICE Conference Chair, James Wilkinson, and sponsored by Hostplus and Intrust Super, saw 12 leading hoteliers from the Australasia and Asia Pacific regions along with owners, industry associations and Tourism Australia, interviewed across a range of topics.
The webinar featured a variety of polarising opinions on issues such as JobKeeper, border re-openings, humanitarian efforts and the sector’s overall recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speakers included, in order:
- Accor Pacific Chief Operating Officer, Simon McGrath
- IHG Managing Director, Australasia and Japan, Leanne Harwood
- Accommodation Association CEO, Dean Long
- Tourism Australia Managing Director, Phillipa Harrison
- Choice Hotels Asia-Pac CEO, Trent Fraser
- Tourism Industry Aotearoa Hotel Sector Manager, Sally Attfield
- HTL Partners CEO and Head of Hotels, Tourism and Leisure at Elanor Investors Group, Marianne Ossovani
- Tourism Accommodation Australia CEO, Michael Johnson
- Marriott International Group President – Asia-Pacific, Craig Smith
- Ovolo Hotels CEO & Founder, Girish Jhunjhnuwala
- Schwartz Family Company Director, Dr Jerry Schwartz
- Quest Apartment Hotels Chief Operating Officer, David Mansfield
A comprehensive wrap-up of the event is also available here.