Thirteen promotions, new hires and redeployments have been announced by InterContinental Hotels Group as part of a network shuffle which took place during Q2 of 2018.
IHG said the internal movements come as part of market growth and its ongoing commitment to leadership development and providing new challenges to excelling employees.
Three new Area General Managers have been appointed, including:
- Jennifer Brown, Area General Manager based at InterContinental Sydney. Brown joins IHG from Marriott International.
- Gareth Long, Area General Manager based at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. Long shifts to his new role from the IHG Corporate Office.
- David Mansfield, Area General Manager based at Crowne Plaza Melbourne. Mansfield moves to IHG from Hyatt International.
In addition, IHG wishes to advise of 10 new General Managers appointments across its local network. These changes include:
- Linda Collis will become the inaugural General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hobart when it opens in 2020. Collis relocates to the Apple Isle from her current role at the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach.
- Ralf Bruegger, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay. He joins from Escarpment Group.
- Penny Crossley, General Manager at Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. Crossley has been promoted to her first GM role, moving from Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach.
- Bruce Edwards, General Manager at the Holiday Inn Potts Point. He moves to Sydney following time at InterContinental Adelaide.
- Mark Eletr, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. He brings his expertise to IHG from Karma Group Asia Pacific.
- Pavithran (Pav) Nambiar, General Manager at InterContinental Adelaide. Nambiar comes to Australia following his previous role at Marriott International in India.
- David Ross, General Manager at Holiday Inn Old Sydney. Ross moves up to the flagship IHG brand from Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley.
- Sandra Smith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders. Smith is another new first time GM and heads south from Holiday Inn Cairns to take up the role.
- Brenden Van Blerk, General Manager at Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast, which will rebrand to IHG’s first Australian voco by October. Van Blerk moves to the role from Holiday Inn Potts Point.
- Thomas Zinn, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley. Zinn switches brands from Holiday Inn Old Sydney at The Rocks.