Mantra Group has announced its 2018 Rising Stars, a group of 19 team members who have been carefully selected following an extensive interview process of potential candidates working for the Group in Australia, New Zealand, Bali and Hawaii.
Now in its eighth year, Rising Stars is an annual program run by Mantra Group’s Corporate Office which selects individual team members from the 136 properties across the Group.
The newest intake of Rising Stars will have a 12-month development plan created to assist them in achieving their career goals, and over the course of the program they will also have access to a range of resources, tools, workshops and be allocated a senior mentor from the Company’s Executive Committee.
Cherie McGill, Mantra Group’s Executive Director of Human Resources said the ‘Rising Stars’ program helps team members with their professional development and ensures they have a succession path within the Company.
“Mantra Group’s Rising Stars program supports aspiring Team Members who want to move into leadership roles and reach their full potential within the Company,” said Ms McGill.
“The successful candidates have been carefully selected from our workforce of 6,000 people employed under the Art Series, Peppers, Mantra and BreakFree brands.
“I personally interviewed more than 80 team members for this year’s intake and selected these candidates to participate in the 12-month development program, which involves intensive training sessions, fundraising challenges and activities tailored to push candidates out of their comfort zone.”
In 2017, Mantra Group’s Rising Stars collectively raised over $64,000 for the Luke Batty Foundation, the group’s official charity partner, as part of their fundraising challenge included in the program.
Mantra Group’s Rising Stars of 2018 are:
- Kate-Lyn Horne – Front Office Manager, Mantra on Edward
- Aditya Thakkar – Front Office Manager, Mantra on Queen
- Ella Jones – National Account Manager, Corporate Office
- Kyo Thaw – Assistant Front Office Manager, Peppers Broadbeach
- Mark Fogarty – Rooms Division Manager, Mantra Towers of Chevron
- Rohan McPherson – Front Office Manager, Mantra Twin Towns
- Brooke Sharp – Conference & Events Manager, Mantra Mooloolaba Beach
- Rian Cope – Front Office Manager, Mantra Portsea
- Sean Mawbey – Cluster Head Chef, Mantra MacArthur & Mantra Northbourne
- Sukhjeev Kochar – Front Office Manager, Peppers Manor House
- Darryl Barker – Operations Manager, Peppers Bluewater
- Angel Kaurish – Business Development Coordinator, Ala Moana Hotel
- Ketan Kulkarni – Food & Beverage Manager, Mantra Tullamarine
- Vimmi Boni Bangari – Front Office Manager, Mantra on Russell
- Aaron Glenn – Food & beverage Manager, Mantra & BreakFree Bell City
- Lucienne Horsfall – Front Office Manager, Mantra Southbank Melbourne
- Siv Chao – Front Office Manager, Mantra Hindmarsh Square
- Kylie Bartlett – Conference & Events Coordinator, Peppers Waymouth
- Eloise Gillies – Front Office Manager, Peppers Kings Square
Mantra Group was awarded HRD’s 2017 Employer of Choice Award and a top performing company for career progression, diversity and inclusion and learning and development. To find out more about the Group’s Rising Stars program, click here.