While global markets battle to deal with the fall-out from Europe, hoteliers across Asia Pacific continue to develop plans for the pursuit of sustained growth during the “Asian century” ahead. To address some of the major issues and opportunities in the period immediately ahead for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, over 70 industry leaders will gather in Sydney from 25 to 27 July 2012 to speak at ANZPHIC 2012 and the Serviced Apartments Summit, the main events for senior industry executives on the regional industry calendar.
Areas and issues to be covered during ANZPHIC 2012 include:
- Fast, Slow or Marking Time?: Data and analysis on the state and direction of the Industry
- Industry Leaders 360: Leading local hoteliers discuss market performance, near term outlook, issues that keep them awake and opportunities that get them out of bed in the morning
- The Great Aussie Tourism Fight Back!: A session about how we are going to keep locals at home and visitors flooding in, despite the Aussie dollar!
- Tuned In Down Under?: What will happen when a budget hotel chain and budget long haul airline team up here?
- Build It, Convert It, Renovate It Now: Pipeline activities insight and check on the renovation boom
- Deals, Dollars and Directions: Recent transactions, market issues and trends
- Regional Leaders FastTalk: Regional hoteliers meet in a fast paced discussion about fast forward brands, strategies, opportunities and challenges
- Specific on the Pacific: What can we learn from four booming beach based regional markets?
- What’s New? What’s Next?: A session to showcase interesting new products, services, brands and ideas
In addition, ANZPHIC 2012 delegates will see interviews with two of the world’s most important and most influential hoteliers, namely Eric Danziger, President & CEO, Wyndham Hotel Group and KP Ho, Executive Chairman, Banyan Tree Holdings.