Top Menu

No injuries in Sydney hotel evacuation

 

Evacuated: Metro Hotel Sydney Central

BY RODERICK EIME
 
A fire alarm scare caused the evacuation of 168 guests from the Metro Hotel Sydney Central in the Sydney CBD early yesterday morning, Tuesday 25 October.
 
The firefighters forced entry to hotel room 915 and extinguished the minor blaze – which involved towels over light fitting – before guests were allowed back in after approximately 30 minutes.
 
“We have a couple of smoke-effected rooms out of action but otherwise it’s business as usual,” a spokesperson for the hotel told HM. “It was a good test for our alarm system and evacuation procedures, all of which worked perfectly.”
 
The property is managed by Metro Hospitality Group, the trading division of Transmetro Corporation Ltd, and oversees Metro Hotels, the accommodation arm, and comprises of 14 hotels, inns, apartments and resorts throughout Australia.
 
The property is owned by Goldenseal Pty Ltd.

, , , ,

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes