Top Menu

Carlson reports solid global growth

Trudy Rautio edited

Carlson has reported a stable sales performance of USD $37.1 billion in 2013 and global growth across its businesses, including strong hotel development momentum in the U.S.

“Last year we celebrated Carlson’s 75th anniversary, and we have many highlights to recognize,” said Carlson President and CEO, Trudy Rautio.

“We have seen development and sales growth in key regions around the globe, critical acclaim for our business units and employees and significant contributions to our communities.

“As we near the end of our foundational Ambition 2015 strategy, we begin to look ahead toward our new transformational strategy, Vision 20/20,” she said.

Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group reported system-wide sales of USD $7.5 billion, a 4 per cent increase over 2012. The company announced a strong increase in new hotel signings, versus the previous year, making 2013 the most successful year for development globally since 2008.

Overall signings increased by 43 per cent from 2012, with 66 per cent of new hotel signings and 44 per cent of all new hotel openings in emerging markets in countries including Brazil, China, India, Indonesia and Russia. The group continues to expand with openings in new and exciting destinations including Barbados, Grenada, and Zambia.

“Carlson’s outlook for 2014 builds on the momentum established in 2013. We are expecting development and sales growth from all of our businesses,” said Rautio.

“Our 2014 activities continue our foundational progress driving us to the goals of Ambition 2015, but they also reflect the shift of our business units to the transformative objectives of Carlson’s Vision 20/20.

“For Carlson, long-term goals remain the same: to create sustainable businesses, build shareholder wealth and drive growth in our businesses,” she said.

Radisson announced that its major property improvement, renovation and investment strategy, as well as overall brand positioning for hotels in the U.S. and Canada, is nearing completion with 75 per cent of hotels renovated and the remaining 25 per cent on track for completion by the end of 2014.

Radisson Blu opened the highly anticipated Radisson Blu Mall of America and the Radisson Blu Resort and Congress Centre Sochi, a host hotel of the 2014 Winter Olympics. The business also unveiled the conversion of Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Philadelphia and opened Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait and Radisson Blu Hotel, Maputo / Mozambique.

Country Inns and Suites By Carlson launched, with great success, a new brand identity and hotel prototype featuring a modern interior and exterior design.

, , ,

Comments are closed.

Across Our Network

ACMI - Australian Centre for the Moving Image
Set the scene for your next event amongst the creative spaces of ACMI.
Read More
The Wrap: Hair Expo POP UP 2017
Never allowing you to stay stagnant. The post The Wrap: Hair Expo POP UP 2017 appeared first on...
Read More

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes