Once again, the prestigious Hostplus Hospitality Scholarship is back and is ready to grant one lucky winner a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fast-track their development in their profession.
About the scholarship:
The Scholarship prize is facilitated by Melbourne Food & Wine Festival through its hospitality networks, and the winner’s work experience will be tailored to their career interests – from the paddock to the kitchen, the cellar to the dining room and everywhere in between. Past finalists include not just chefs, waiters and managers but also young professionals from coffee, butchery, wine and other aspects of hospitality.
This year the prize includes:
- 1 x five-day work experience within Australia
- Up to $1,500 towards flights
- Up to $1,750 towards accommodation
- $1,000 cash
- Up to $5,000 to spend on professional development or training at an agreed and approved education provider, or on professional tools, kitchen equipment or similar assets to progress professional development
- $500 worth of tickets to attend MFWF events in 2023
- The Scholarship winner will also be partnered with a local industry leader for a year-long mentorship to expand their industry experience and connections in their chosen field.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must:
- Demonstrate ambition and a drive to succeed in the hospitality industry;
- Are highly skilled and knowledgeable in a specific discipline within the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate leadership with the potential to shape the future of the hospitality industry;
- Act in a professional manner and have a willingness to share their skills and knowledge with others
- Have an understanding and willingness to communicate in the digital space
Applications for the Hostplus Hospitality Scholarship are now open and will close on Monday 27 June.
#thatsaplus #hostplus #MFWF