The winners of Choice Hotels’ annual Hotel of the Year awards have been revealed, with the group awarding a property from each of its brands that demonstrated excellence in customer service and hospitality throughout 2017.
The winners included:
- Ascend Hotel Collection: Oceans Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, Hervey Bay, QLD
- Clarion: Clarion Hotel Townsville, Townsville, QLD
- Quality: Quality Suites Banksia Gardens, Albany, WA
- Comfort: Comfort Inn Deakin Palms, Mildura, VIC
- Econo Lodge: Econo Lodge Beachside, Mackay, QL
Trent Fraser, Chief Executive Officer of Choice Hotels Asia-Pac, said: “These awards highlight how important customer service and hospitality is when creating memorable guest experiences and each of the winning franchisees has demonstrated this in the past twelve months at an exceptional level,” said Mr Fraser. “We’re incredibly proud of the commitment to excellence and dedication from all our franchisees and look forward to another strong year ahead across the Choice Hotels business.”
The ceremony was held at Crown Casino’s Palladium room, Melbourne, following Choice Hotels’ three-day Asia-Pacific Conference, which was attended by more than 300 delegates. The conference included workshops and insights into Choice Hotels’ programs, as well as a company update from the senior management team and a keynote speech given by former Prime Minister of Australia, the Honorable John Howard.