Performance, development and low-cost airlines are some of the major issues to be tackled by the hotel industry’s leading senior executives at the second annual Australasian Hotel Industry Conference and Exhibition (AHICE) at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney on September 2.
AHICE, supported by the two major hotel associations in Australia – Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA) and the Australian Accommodation Association (AAoA) – is being hosted by leading industry magazine HM (Hotel and Accommodation Management) and is expected to attract over 200 leading Hoteliers and industry executives from across the Asia-Pacific region and globally.
During the day, delegates will be given a snapshot of the accommodation industry, from an overall outlook to specific topics ranging from social media to the MICE market, food and beverage trends, human resources issues and managing distribution channels.
Some of the key speakers at AHICE include:
– A. Patrick Imbardelli, President and CEO, Pan Pacific Hotels Group
– Ashley Spencer, Vice President Australia, Hilton Worldwide
– Bob East, CEO, Mantra Group
– David Bayes, CEO, Choice Hotels Australia
– Deepak Ohri, Chief Executive Officer, Lebua Hotels and Resorts (Bangkok)
– Jayson Westbury, CEO, Australian Federation of Travel Agents
– Paul Constantinou, Chairman, Quest Serviced Apartments
– Paul Fischmann, CEO, Eight Hotels Australia
– Paul Richardson, Vice President – NZ, Accor Hospitality
– Peter Savoff, General Manager, Emporium Hotel Brisbane
– Rachel Argaman, CEO, Toga Hospitality
– Simon McGrath, Vice President – Australia, Accor Hospitality
– Stephen Burt, CEO, Mirvac Hotels & Resorts
– Will Deague, owner, Art Series Hotel Group
– Glenn Bourke, CEO, Hamilton Island
HM magazine’s Managing Editor, James Wilkinson, says a number of the world’s leading Hoteliers will be involved in plenary and breakout sessions during the conference.
“We have a fantastic program that will look at the major trends in the travel industry,” he says.
“The day will be a great insight to the industry for Hoteliers, major suppliers and industry leaders and the program will be one where delegates leave with a firm understanding of the major factors impacting on the accommodation industry.”
For a complete agenda and ticket bookings, visit www.ahice.com.au
*The above speaker list is subject to change due to availability.