Western Australia’s occupancy rates are a mixed bag at present, ranging from 34% to 84%.
Tag Archives | Australian Hotels Association
The Australian Hotel Association (AHA) says the nation’s hotel industry will have 56,000 unfilled vacancies by 2020 if current trends continue.
The Australian Hotels Association (WA branch) is calling for the nation’s major political parties to commit to reform payroll tax.
Western Australia continues to have a diverse hotel accommodation sector with metropolitan and mining regions outperforming tourism regions according to the latest release of occupancy rates by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and Australian Hotels Association (AHA) WA industry data.
Australia’s two leading accommodation industry associations have welcomed this week’s announcements by Crown Limited to develop luxury hotels in Sydney and Perth.
According to the latest release of hotel occupancy rates by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and Australian Hotels Association (AHA) WA industry data, Western Australia’s hotels continue to offer visitors value for money with statewide average room rates ranging from AUD$120 to AUD$209 per night.
The Australian Hotels Association’s (AHA) Western Australia branch has welcomed the announcement by Hilton Worldwide that DoubleTree hotels will make its Australian debut in the resource-rich town of Karratha.
Last week’s (June 1) announcement of an increase to Award wages in Australia by almost double the rate of CPI will have a disproportionate impact on the hospitality sector, including possible job cuts, according to the Australian Hotels Association.
Well-known Hotelier Tony South has been appointed Chairman of Tourism Accommodation Australia in a significant boost to the industry association.
BY JAMES WILKINSON
The Australian Hotels Association’s (AHA) new accommodation arm, Tourism Accommodation Australia (TAA), has launched a five-year plan during a meeting with Australia’s Tourism Minister Martin Ferguson in Sydney last week.
- Accor’s global CEO fired
- 2013 HM Awards winners
- HM Awards finalists revealed in 24 categories
- Hilton defends room service axing
- Carlson GMs survive terrifying earthquake
- W Hotel proposed for Melbourne
- HM Awards finalists revealed in 41 categories
- Pan Pacific’s Imbardelli resigns
- Second InterContinental for Sydney
- TAHL sells hotels for $800 million
- Exclusive: Parkroyal to Melbourne city
- Art Series to build Brisbane hotel
- Visitors to Australia up 5.4 per cent
- Tigerair adds 800,000 seats in Australia
- Futuristic JW Marriott opens in Hanoi
- Final Aussie Formule1 hotels rebrand
- Schroeder new Pan Pacific CEO
- Hilton could raise $2.3 billion in IPO
- Sheraton rebrands Aggie Grey’s resorts
- Video: Fiji hotels raise $60,000 for hospital